Thursday, October 13, 2016

Shout Out for Illustrators


I don't know if this is true of most bloggers, but sometimes I publish a post and can't wait for the next one, and other times I post one that is just perfect and I don't want to write another one that will bump the perfect one down the page . . . that's how I feel about my Marilyn's Monster post now that I've finally included all of my favorite children's stories.  But that is the way life works I suppose, always moving on.

Anyway, I wanted to pass along the word that I am looking for an illustrator for children's stories.  I have been speaking with several friends about collaborating on some projects and am hopeful that may work out.  But I also wanted to expand my outreach a little further and see what happens.

I have a lot of ideas and a few projects in draft format, but am at a standstill because they need pictures.  And I am not very good at making pictures at all.  I think my artistic people-drawing abilities peaked in grade school.  You see the problem.

I am also very new to this writing and publishing thing, so am open to working with experienced, new, or independent artists.  I am looking for someone who creates beautiful, compelling worlds and interactions, who loves drawing or painting nature and animals. 

In addition to the examples of some of my favorite books in my last post, here is another book that is a good example of the kind of illustrator I'm looking for - Water is Water written by Miranda Paul and illustrated by Jason Chin.

 Image result for water is water

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please let me know - either through the comments section below or directly to me.  Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment