Sunday, November 6, 2016

Update on the Conference


Just wanted to let you all know that the conference is done and it was incredible!  I absolutely loved the format of quiet, individual writing for several hours in the morning and then hearing presentations in the afternoon.  Having that time to be productive and write really helped to counterbalance the overwhelming or anxious feeling that can arise when I learn too much information at once about everything I need to be doing as an author.  Because really one of the best things I can do to be a good writer is to write.  And having a firm schedule and supportive community was just what I needed.

Then, once I had some productivity under my belt for the day, I was in a perfect position to listen to the presentations.  And they were fabulous!  Everything from publishing and marketing, to developing a business plan, to the nitty gritty details of formatting digital and print books, to a comprehensive review of helpful writing software, to tips on blogging, and designing book covers.  As a newcomer in this field, it was so incredibly helpful to get all this information from people who have done this before, and have an opportunity to ask detailed questions about all of the steps in the process.  The prospect of writing, formatting, publishing, and marketing my book is much less daunting now.  Thank you, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment